I bought a DELL notebook with LTE modem Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A. After that, I installed Whireshark with NPCap.
After that, my WWAn connetion didn’t work more.
I used the windows troubleshooter and it sometimes put a result to me, I have to add my PIN2 number.
After that, I googled a lot, and I find this article.
Uninstalled NPCap, and the LTE modem works very well.
We use the JY-MCU USB Serial Port Adapter from dx.com. These are extremely cheap but unfortunately the documentation is very scarce (as with almost all DX stuff) so connecting it to an Arduino Mini Pro 3.3V Atmega328 can be confusing.
- Connect USB 3.3V to Arduino VCC. (red)
- Connect USB Ground to Arduino BLK. (black)
- Connect USB TXO to Arduino RXI. (yellow)
- Connect USB RXD to Arduino TXD. (blue)
- Connect USB DTR (Data Terminal Ready, which is basically a RS-232 line) to Arduino GRN. (green)
The VBUS on the JY-MCU Serial Adapter is basically just an extra 5.2V line, handy for Rasberry Pi serial communication.
After wiring everything together select the Arduino Mini Pro 3.3V 328 (make sure it’s the correct voltage!) in the dropdown.
hasznos kis progi:
BTProximity is an application for Windows Vista and Windows 7 that can detect when your bluetooth-enabled phone has come into range, and unlock your computer. When the device moves out of range, the computer is automatically locked. This isn’t a fake lock window, the computer is locked using Windows Security.
Az install: btproximity
– The device needs to be paired with Windows first, then it will show up in the devices list. If you don’t pair the device, secure mode will need to be disabled in order for the device to appear.
– Be sure to install the unlock component if you’d like to automatically unlock.
– Be sure to set the credentials to unlock.
– Setting the check interval too high may lead to poor battery life.
– “Faster Unlock” will unlock as soon as the device has been seen, without an additional check.
– Notification area icon colors:
Gray: Host device is not compatible or not found.
Red: Device is not connected (out of range)
Green: Device is connected (in range)
Ezen az oldalon lehet megadni széria számot és már mutatja is mennyi a garanacia hátra 🙂
Az url külön is: https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/WarrantyCheck?lang=en
Ha pedig GREEN winyokkal doglozunk, akkor fontos info, hogy van bennük tervezési hiba, ami azt jelenti, hogy túl hamara teszik magunkat pihenő állapotban ami egy szerver esetében, gyakori tányér felpörgetést jelent. Az érintett verziók az alábbiak (cikk és forrás):
WD20EADS, WD20EARS, WD15EADS, WD15EARS, WD10EADS, WD10EARS, WD8000AARS, WD7500AADS, WD7500AARS, WD6400AADS, WD6400AARS, WD5000AADS, WD5000AARS, WD1000FYPS, WD7500AYPS and WD7501AYPS
Linux alól ezzel a kis programmal (idle3-tools-0.9.1) lehet javítani (SF oldal)