Archive for mediadirect
- What do you need:
– Ext2 Installable File System for Windows
So we can read the file system of the MediaDirect partition in Vista
– Sysinternals Process Explorer
– K-lite codec pack STANDARD (not the FULL version!)
- Installing Ext2 support for Vista:
Don’t run the setup by double-clicking it, run it as administrator (Right-click -> Run as Administrator)
After installation, restart windows.
- Now open explorer and you’ll see a new partition with the name “MEDIADIRECT”.
- Unzip ProcesExplorer.zip and rename “procexp.exe” to “taskmgr.exe”.
- Place taskmgr.exe on the MEDIADIRECT partition in the“windows/system32/” folder
- Place the k-lite setup somewhere on the MEDIADIRECT partition.
- Shutdown windows and now start MediaDirect.
- When in MediaDirect hold the power button of your laptop for about 5 seconds. This makes sure it wil have to boot up from scratch when we boot it again.
- Now start MediaDirect again. While the stripped version from windows xp is starting up, you’ll see a blue desktop for a short second. Here you press “ctrl+shift+esc”, be fast…
- ProcessExplorer should start now. In ProcessExplorer click File->Run… and run “explorer”. OK.
- Go to the K-lite setup file we placed on the partition earlier, install it and we’re done!