- What do you need:
– Ext2 Installable File System for Windows
So we can read the file system of the MediaDirect partition in Vista
– Sysinternals Process Explorer
– K-lite codec pack STANDARD (not the FULL version!)
- Installing Ext2 support for Vista:
Don’t run the setup by double-clicking it, run it as administrator (Right-click -> Run as Administrator)
After installation, restart windows.
- Now open explorer and you’ll see a new partition with the name “MEDIADIRECT”.
- Unzip ProcesExplorer.zip and rename “procexp.exe” to “taskmgr.exe”.
- Place taskmgr.exe on the MEDIADIRECT partition in the“windows/system32/” folder
- Place the k-lite setup somewhere on the MEDIADIRECT partition.
- Shutdown windows and now start MediaDirect.
- When in MediaDirect hold the power button of your laptop for about 5 seconds. This makes sure it wil have to boot up from scratch when we boot it again.
- Now start MediaDirect again. While the stripped version from windows xp is starting up, you’ll see a blue desktop for a short second. Here you press “ctrl+shift+esc”, be fast…
- ProcessExplorer should start now. In ProcessExplorer click File->Run… and run “explorer”. OK.
- Go to the K-lite setup file we placed on the partition earlier, install it and we’re done!
Tag Archive for dell
Dell Media Driect 3.5 Codec telepítése
Dell Media Direct telepítése 1520-ra
1. Boot your PC using this CD.
2. Following to instruction to partition your HDD.
3. Install OS (XP/Vista) and drivers such as chipset, VGA, sound etc.
4. Insert the CD in, following the instruction if you have XPS M1330. Case else, do it the other ways:
4.1. Copy all the CD content (folder and files) to your HDD Root (C:\ or D:\)
4.2. Idendify your SystemID by going to DELL Laptop BIOS System/System Info
You will see your system as MM061 for Inspiron E6400/1505, Inspiron 1520, MPX061 for XPS M1210, etc.
4.3. Change the name of following files and folder (my SystemID is “Inspiron 1520”):
+ Folder “XPS M1330”; “Your SystemID” (my case is “Inspiron 1520”)
+ in the above folder, change file name “XPS M13301.exe” “Inspiron 15201.exe”, and “XPS M13302.exe” “Inspiron 15202.exe”
+ Enter folder Lang and change all its language UI sub-folder as follows: “XPS M1330eng” “Your SystemIDeng” and so on for frn, ger, etc. (my case is “Inspiron 1520eng”)
+ Open file “Platform.ini” in folder DellKit, replace string “1 = XPS M1330” in section [SystemID] with “1 = Your SystemID” (my case is “1 = Inspiron 1520”)
4.4. Run file DellKit.exe to install MD3 to your Hiden Partition and Windows System.