- What do you need:
– Ext2 Installable File System for Windows
So we can read the file system of the MediaDirect partition in Vista
– Sysinternals Process Explorer
– K-lite codec pack STANDARD (not the FULL version!)
- Installing Ext2 support for Vista:
Don’t run the setup by double-clicking it, run it as administrator (Right-click -> Run as Administrator)
After installation, restart windows.
- Now open explorer and you’ll see a new partition with the name “MEDIADIRECT”.
- Unzip ProcesExplorer.zip and rename “procexp.exe” to “taskmgr.exe”.
- Place taskmgr.exe on the MEDIADIRECT partition in the“windows/system32/” folder
- Place the k-lite setup somewhere on the MEDIADIRECT partition.
- Shutdown windows and now start MediaDirect.
- When in MediaDirect hold the power button of your laptop for about 5 seconds. This makes sure it wil have to boot up from scratch when we boot it again.
- Now start MediaDirect again. While the stripped version from windows xp is starting up, you’ll see a blue desktop for a short second. Here you press “ctrl+shift+esc”, be fast…
- ProcessExplorer should start now. In ProcessExplorer click File->Run… and run “explorer”. OK.
- Go to the K-lite setup file we placed on the partition earlier, install it and we’re done!
Tag Archive for media direct
1. Boot your PC using this CD.
2. Following to instruction to partition your HDD.
3. Install OS (XP/Vista) and drivers such as chipset, VGA, sound etc.
4. Insert the CD in, following the instruction if you have XPS M1330. Case else, do it the other ways:
4.1. Copy all the CD content (folder and files) to your HDD Root (C:\ or D:\)
4.2. Idendify your SystemID by going to DELL Laptop BIOS System/System Info
You will see your system as MM061 for Inspiron E6400/1505, Inspiron 1520, MPX061 for XPS M1210, etc.
4.3. Change the name of following files and folder (my SystemID is “Inspiron 1520”):
+ Folder “XPS M1330”; “Your SystemID” (my case is “Inspiron 1520”)
+ in the above folder, change file name “XPS M13301.exe” “Inspiron 15201.exe”, and “XPS M13302.exe” “Inspiron 15202.exe”
+ Enter folder Lang and change all its language UI sub-folder as follows: “XPS M1330eng” “Your SystemIDeng” and so on for frn, ger, etc. (my case is “Inspiron 1520eng”)
+ Open file “Platform.ini” in folder DellKit, replace string “1 = XPS M1330” in section [SystemID] with “1 = Your SystemID” (my case is “1 = Inspiron 1520”)
4.4. Run file DellKit.exe to install MD3 to your Hiden Partition and Windows System.